(Pick Here to Launch)
At Bayside we plan to keep you safe upon arrival with the following safety measures:
· When you arrive, your vehicle is our "New Lobby". Thank you for waiting in your car or outside, while we sanitize your room. Be sure to have your cell phone with you and turned on. If you do not have a cell phone, come into the lobby at your appointment time, for screening.
· At appointment time, your Medical Assistant will call you and screen you for symptoms of illness.
(Pick Here to Launch)
Cancellation Policy ~ 24 Hours Prior to your appointment
Are you experiencing the signs of heart attack, stroke or sepsis?
It is safe ~ reach out for
Remember to care for yourself. Don’t delay in seeking necessary medical treatment.
We appreciate all of you who have encouraged and supported Bayside.
Generous and thoughtful members of this community donated shields, created masks and showered us with notes of gratitude, kindness and cheer.
We thank you for joining us in supporting Michigan Directives and CDC Guidelines.
For our Established Patients
we have SAME DAY appointment availability Call 231-439-5100
Please schedule with your local pharmacy teams
Provider On Call
After Office Hours Daily,
Saturday & Sunday
Our provider is paged to your number quickly.
Monday - Thursday
7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Call Us: 231-439-5100
Check out our Career Opportunities Page!
For life threatening emergencies Dial 911
Thank you to Munson Medical Center of Traverse City, for the supply of Moderna we were able to distribute to our patient population.
· As you enter the building apply your mask, bandana, or scarf over your nose and mouth. We already have ours on.
· If your visit requires a payment, we recommend using our self administered card reader. All other forms of payment are still accepted.
· Your Medical Assistant will escort you to your prepared room.
· Upon exit, both Front Office counters are available to check out. Be sure to stay 6’ from other patients please.
What we know:
Antibody testing for COVID-19 is under ongoing
Manufacturers are selling test in some areas.
NO tests are "validated" for diagnosis of COVID-19
We don't know if it means immunity to COVID-19.
Testing positive to antibodies could mean you
have had a PAST coronavirus infection or "Cold."
Hospitals/Research centers continue antibody
studies to provide us with better data on HOW
and WHEN to use testing to the population in
Clinical decisions cannot yet be based on
antibody testing alone.
Antibody test results cannot help to determine if
you are immune to COVID-19, nor can it help to
determine if you are able to be out in public
Once we have better data on antibody testing and
it's role in patient care we may recommend more
wide spread testing of the community.
Our Providers strongly recommend ALL eligible persons receive the Covid 19 Vaccine as soon as you are able.
All of our Providers are familiar with the safety and the effectiveness data available for the vaccine and believe it will be the key to bringing this pandemic to a close.
If you have questions regarding the vaccine and wish to speak with your provider, please call and set up an appointment or Zoom meeting to discuss any hesitation or concern regarding the vaccination.
Thank you for continuing to follow CDC guidelines throughout this progression for public safety and your best health.
Medication Refill Policy ***
5 Day Processing for
ALL medication refills
We look forward to serving you and your family soon.